“Many little people in little places, doing little things, can change the world” (Eduardo Galeano)
Volunteers are people who give part of their time to a good cause, who place their energy, their knowledge or their wish to serve at the disposal of the most needy, expecting nothing in return. Voluntary work touches not only those who are helped but also, and very remarkably, those who assist and understand the importance of working together for the good of those needing that help.
The activities of a volunteer are based on a wish to offer a service and simply be useful in the cause of an organization.
Voluntary work in Spain
In Spain we need people to help in such tasks as finding resources and promoting awareness, but you can probably help us by doing whatever you do best. Please get in touch with us and we can study where your abilities could be put to most use.
Voluntary work in India
In order to assist us in India, you should know that those who work in the Akshay Educational Centre, in Bodhgaya, are natives of the district. Spanish volunteers intervene either in those areas which are not dealt with by the local workers or they may do extra support work. For this reason, they must have a specific profile.
- Minimum age: 21
- English (average level for communication)
- We require a minimum stay of 5 weeks; should you not be able to stay that length of time, your admission to our School would depend on the type of work you are offering.
- A serious approach with a commitment
- Physical, moral and psychological fitness.
- Capacity to adapt easily to the environment.
The professional profile our organization needs in India
- Infant teachers
- Educators/Psychologists/Teachers/Teachers Training Instructors
- Monitors for outdoor activities or crafts and free time workshops
- Health care – nurses, etc.
- Capable of adapting and working in a team.
- Respect for the culture and traditions of the country.
- Dynamism and personal initiative
- Persons willing to spend time helping the children with their homework, paint classrooms, do library work, prepare games, help the teachers prepare class materials, etc.
- Yoga teachers
- Teach songs, dancing
- Others: should you be ready to offer some activity not already mentioned or carry out some other work which could help us in our project, please do not hesitate to describe it in detail.
- The organization does not request any “donation” for doing voluntary work
- The working week in India is from Monday to Saturday
- The working hours are adapted to organizational needs and staff take part in all activities whenever they are required.
- Accommodation and meals are paid by the volunteer but the organization will help find adequate, inexpensive accommodation.
- The work is voluntary with no financial remuneration.
- The organization does not cover travel expenses to Bodhgaya nor transport to the Amway Educational Centre, but can provide a bicycle.
If you are interested in doing voluntary work in the Akshy Association in India, please send us your C.V. together with:
- a recent photograph
- a letter explaining your reasons for wishing to come, specifying the date on which you would like to travel and your availability, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org